November 18, 2011

Week 13 Weigh IN

Last week: BMI 32.4 This Week: 32.2
Last week: Body Fat 44.7% This week: 46.8%
Last week: Muscle: 24.7% This week: 23.4%
Last week: Visceral Fat 8 This week: 9
Last week Waist: 38" This week: 39"
Last week Thigh: 23" This week: 23"
Weight: Last week 199.4 This week: 198
Weight loss this week: Minus 1.4 pounds
TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 26.8 pounds

I want to share with you that I quit my shake weight loss plan. I took my therapists advice and ate 3 meals and 3 snacks this week. I did not plan to see a loss at all but Boom there it is! I also gave away all my shake diet food. Very hard! I looked at that box of stuff and thought "This could be another 20 pound loss". But then reality set in and I told myself, "Why do you think another diet would work when it has not the last 20 years? You are on the right track here."

I met with my therapist today. I told her what I did all week and that I gave my diet stuff away. She was pleased and said now I can move onto the next step. The next step is mindful eating. I need to eat slow and focus on my food. No distractions. Enjoy every bite. Be in the moment. The way she explained it, eating should be orgasmic! Have you ever thought that about eating? I must be a real mindless eater because I can not imagine. I will start with supper tonight. Homemade beef soup!

I shared something with Julie the other day and my therapist today so I thought I would share it with you. My therapist asked me what went wrong with my last diet that I gained 65 of my 75 pounds lost back. I told her I believe I was addicted to the weight loss. It felt great to have a new body. Everyone commented how great I looked. But all I could think about was getting to 155. I wanted to move from a size 10 to a 8. I think if I would have accepted my body as it was I would still be 165-170. Which was a perfect weight for me. Even though that damn weight chart says 155 - I was not made to be that weight. NOW I realize that! I started regaining once the frustration of not being able to lose more weight came. Then I kept eating because I felt like a failure for gaining 10 then 20 and 30 and so on! And here I am today. 198 pounds.
At my lowest weigt I could still look in that mirror and see a fat person. My therapist told me that it takes a long time for the mind perception to catch up with the body. This would explain why I see my friends complain about their weight and they look absolutely fabulous to me.
Sometime you just have to be happy with the body God gives you. Stop trying to have a body that is not even genetically possible or you to have.

Live Healthy at thinchic.com!

7 comments:

  1. And I took your words to heart too. I am not going to focus on that scale, I'm going to just focus on the body and see where I go from there. I am also enjoying picking my own foods again, not from someones diet plan. I do need to learn to watch the calories a bit more since I'm doing it but I'll learn, as will you. I can't wait to see how you enjoy your soup. Iate mine but in front of the tv tonight, I know...that's a no-no.
    Take care and have blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the loss! Happy for you. I´m still not under 200, but that was my fault and now I have to work harder at it. I think you are learning a lot and this time you will be able to keep the weight off for good.

    http´://bltnever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly powerful words!!! And a hard place for an overweight person to reach!! Congrats on 'finding your way' and sharing so openly!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it is hard to get accustomed to a new body. I still see myself as overweight.

    And weight charts? Grrrr...I officially still need to lose 10 pounds or so, but I'm now a comfortable size 8, and have no desire to be a size 6. We need a new chart, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as if you and your therapist are working well together. Shake diets work for some, but sooner or later you have to get back to real food, and you have no idea how to put a healthy, low calorie meal together. Good for you to get back to mindful eating. Just be careful to focus and feel if you're getting satisfied or full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think what you said rings true with a lot of people. Sometimes we let the numbers on the scale have to much power over us. Congrats on the loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Learning to lose using real food is the best way to do things, that way you can come up with a plan & way of eating that is manageable for life. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete