November 27, 2011

Week 14 weigh in

Last week: BMI 32.2 This Week: 32.9
Last week: Body Fat 46.8% This week: 45.7%
Last week: Muscle: 23.4% This week: 24.3%
Last week: Visceral Fat 9 This week: 9
Last week Waist: 38" This week: 39"
Last week Thigh: 23" This week: 23"
Weight: Last week 198 This week: 202.4
Weight loss this week: Plus 4.4 pounds
TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 22.4 pounds

I told myself I would not freak out about this week. But when I typed the numbers - it is hard not too. I think what happened this week is that my metabolism is so low from weeks of not eating that eating again packed on the calories. Of course, I ate things I have been denying myself of for a long time. And I may have had more than one serving of pie over the holidays. I will say that I need to continue. I know my therapist would be very happy with this progress and I know she would tell me to throw away the scale. And someday I will be ready for that!

Here are some things I did do. I went to my excercise classes all week. I tried to eat consciously. I learned I am extremely bad at it! I am going to work on that this week. I felt freedom from not worrying about calories as I ate. I never felt I over stuffed myself or that I was deprived. I ate what I wanted and threw away what I did not want to eat. I had a great holiday eating experience.

Happy Holidays to each and every one of you!

6 comments:

  1. That sucks! Especially since you did go to exercise! But don´t let it get you down. Keep on going, get back on plan and you´ll have it down in no time.

    http://bltnever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back on track? Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a scientific fac--the studies show it--that folks who low cal diet wreck their metabolisms. Period. But really, what choice to we often have if all we're told from the get-go is "Eat 1200 calories" (or in some cases more or less).

    I am trying not to do that anymore and heal. It's hard. But i'm already wrecked and was even when I was obese. I never could eat what the caloric calculators said I could. I always gained more on less than even my sisters. Being hypothryod doesn't help. HAH.

    Yes, very low calorie dieting screws you up and you can't eat like normal folks. BAd news. Good news is that you optimize your calories and accept losing MORE SLOWLY. Much more slowly. And maybe your body heals.

    It's my hope...to heal. :)

    Don't freak. You know that this is a hard journey. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider 2 or 3 lbs of it as fluid, perhaps? I know it's frustrating, but your body is probably trying to adjust to more or less food, or different food even. But you did great on the exercise. Maybe next week all the puzzle pieces will come together. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta make sure to eat healthy & always get enough calories otherwise you are likely to regain quickly. The body thinks its been starving & will hold on to what you give it when you do give it something. The good news is it can be lost & you can get back on track, you just gotta do it & be healthy about it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There will be ups and downs and ups and downs, but ultimately, the final tally is Down. Do you hear me? DOWN? Get back on track, keep exercising and staying hydrated, and your body will eventually adapt and shed the poundage. Really.

    ReplyDelete