July 18, 2011

Chapter 4: CORNERSTONE FIRE


I do have to say this is a very good book. Here we are at Chapter 4. It is a great chapter. There are so many things in this chapter that I could talk about but I will only pick one.

ACCENTUATE the POSITIVE (from THE SPARK)

There is no ally in the world as powerful as yourself. Optimism has a positive impact on both your mental and physical health. Optimists are sick less often, live longer, and are more successful than pessimists. A positive outlook on life strengthens the immune system, the cardiovascular system and the bodys ability to handle stress.

Optimists realize they are responsible for their own destiny. They don't blame themselves or feel victimized when bad things happen. If you only lost 5 pounds in two months and your goal was higher, pick up a bag of sugar and savor what 5 pounds really feels like, this is the weight you are no longer carrying because of your own actions!

Goal for the week: Change your self talk. Practice these sayings to replace the negative ones in your head. With enough practice even the biggest pessimist can change their thoughts!

I'm a survivor.
I am worth the effort it takes to excercise.
I am healthy and strong.
I am on the path to fitness.
I'm enjoying how I am feeling now.
I love the feeling of making progress.
I enjoy being healthy.
I'm making things easy for myself.
My body is becoming stonger, slimmer and healthier every day.
I feel light and joyful.

LIVE HEALTHY at thinchic.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment