July 5, 2011

CORNERSTONE: Focus

Sorry I am a day late with the blog. We had a terrible storm here and were out of power for 3 days. Lots of cleanup to do. The one positive: My fridge and freezer are clean and now I get to go shopping to fill them back up!

The first chapter of THE SPARK talks about goals. I like how they broke down the goal setting.

Goals should be:
Unique: They should be yours not anyone else's.
Concrete: They should be exact and time specific.
Inner-directed: Losing pounds for your reasons will make your journey unique and your own. Don't try to look or be like someone else.
Harmonious: Your goal shouldn't clash with your values or beliefs.
Realistic: It took you more than a week to gain the weight so don't think you will lose it all in one week. Break your goal down into small ones so you keep focused. This is why I did the short term, midterm and long term goals.
Written: Write your goals so they become real for you.
The book also talks about seeing the goal and how this is a powerful tool for peek performers. AND Saying it - Repeat the goal 15 times a day. It will be a positive affirmation compared to all the negative things we say to ourselves each day.

Later in the book we will write our goals but it asks you to think of these questions now:
What are your core values and beliefs?
How can you turn those values and beliefs into a purpose in one or more of your life roles?
Visualize your purpose. How can you see it becoming a reality, based on where you are now?
We will discuss chapter 2 next week. So far I really enjoy the book.

Excercise last week: Walked and ab coaster. I think it shows in my inches lost last week. I will try to add weights this week because of my muscle loss. Get moving!

STAY HEALTHY at thinchic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment