September 12, 2011

Never make NEW food that you can not have!!!

I canned pickled green beans and salsa this weekend. The green beans will not be ready to eat for 3 weeks. BUT I brought the salsa to the Vikings football party on Sunday. I had to have ONE taste. After all I am serving it right? After that one bite that is all I thought about it how much I wanted that damn salsa! These are my thoughts: "One more chip and salsa will not hurt. Oh my husbands in the bathroom I should sneak it now. If I eat it real fast it will not count. I should take the whole bag of chips home and eat it there alone. I am doing so good on my diet one plate of food will not hurt me. You are an idiot to ruin your whole diet like this. You will never succeed if you keep this up." UGH! And the comments kept rolling and rolling through my head. I could not get them to stop. 3 hours of this!!!
I am proud to say I did not eat another chip and salsa. I drank my shake.
My husband says on the way home, "You said you would have only one chip and that is what you did. Your will power amazes me." If only he knew the 3 hours of hellish torture I put myself through!

I will finish THE SPARK this week and start a new read next week. It is called The complete Beck diet for Life by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D. I posted a link if you would like to join me. This link takes you to amazon where you can buy it for much cheaper than a book store.

Live Healthy at thinchic.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment