September 7, 2011

THE SPARK Healthy diet habits

This chapter had some really good tips for diet habits.
Here are my favorites:

The perfect plate. One half of your plate should be vegies. WOW! That right there will fill you up. Quarter of your plate should be a protein. And the other quarter should be starches. Sounds good! But what if you are a Minnesota girl and live off hotdishes and homemade soups all winter???

Eat more fruits and Vegies. By sticking vegies in everything. And fruit. Like the other day I put oranges in my jello. And peas in my goulash. Of course, I did not eat these but the kids ate them up! But I do want to try the one they suggest of adding more vegies to your pizza. Sounds good.

Eat breakfast. We have heard this one before. They say that breakfast and lunch should be your biggest meals. Mine has always been supper. That will have to change once I am eating again!

Drink water. Heard this one before too! I flavor mine with crystal light. I drink a ton this way.

Track your food. I need improvement here. I wish I did not have to do this. But I know it helps!

What tips are you going to try?

Live Healthy at thinchic.com!

1 comment:

  1. Is THE SPARK your Challenge book? ; )

    Welcome to the CDCC challenge. We start Sunday. A few days to prep the house, your reading material(s), food, and whatever else you need. Let's make it a great challenge and look terrific come the holidays.

    Off we go!

    ReplyDelete