September 21, 2011

Weighing everyday???

Ok I need to ask the pros on this one. One book I read says to weigh at a minimum, once per month. Then the next says once a week. Now the Beck diet says daily. Which one is the right way? What do you girls do?

I must admit I do step on everyday. But only if I am doing well on my diet. I then ONLY record once a week. If I am doing poorly then I don't want to get on. This book says to weigh daily and graph it daily. Not sure if that leads to a little compulsive behavior or what? I will do it because I have committed but I was wondering what you all think about that?

Yesterday I had to do a jack knife on the excercise ball. Thought I was gonna die! Look up this extremely hard procedure on line. And then try it. OUCH! The trainer said "Now you have a goal!" Damn right I do. I want to be able to do them. But first I better get the plank mastered! I am so sore today from crunches and planks. I am off for one hour of zumba now. Can not wait to get this blood a pumping!

I have one funny complaint about weight loss. Why is that I always lose so much in my fingers? My rings are gonna fall off. Thank goodness I have insurance on my ring sizings. My jewler is gonna think "How many times does this woman lose and gain weight in her fingers?" Oh well at least the pounds are shedding from somewhere!

Check in tomorrow for the weekly weigh in. 5 weeks I have been on plan.

Live healthy at thinchic.com!

6 comments:

  1. It's daily for me. If I'm up, I need to cut back a little. Or see how the food I ate yesterday has affected me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. Good to know. According to the book you just CAN NOT get upset over the scale number if you gain. The scale weight can fluctuate but should keep you focused. You must be one strong person to look at a little gain and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a once a week weigher-in, because I can't control my reaction over the number. My head knows it's just a number, but the heart often wins this battle and I get all bent out of shape over it.

    I think everyone needs to find what works for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's once a week for me cause daily would drive me batty with the ups & downs and I can't go a whole month without knowing. Once a week works nicely. Occasionally I will step on quickly to peek if I had a day that I thought I didn't do to well or something just to see if I need to kick things up a notch but I don't record it and I usually figure if I'm worried then just do it and step it up a notch without looking cause it won't hurt either way but looking at that scale may:-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMO whatever works best for you is the best way. :) I weighed myself every day for a while and it kept me motivated and "accountable" for the day. Now I weigh myself once per week because I hit a point when the numbers suddenly messed with my head instead. Moods change, etc., but if you do whatever you feel deep down will help you keep going strong, than you can't go wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try once a day and see what happens. If I get discouraged I will stop. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete