September 20, 2011

Unplanned food

Saturday night we decided to rent movies. I was still craving popcorn from 3 weeks ago when we went to the movies. So I made a batch. No butter but I did use the good movie theater oil. Oh it was so yummy. So this was an unplanned food. Of course, I wanted another bowl Sunday but I told myself, no the deal was one bowl yesterday. Grab some carrots instead. So carrots it was. I think I handled this very well. Except for the fact that I had unplanned food. And it did not take my cravings away just satisfied me for that moment. So here is the summary:
Negatives:
1. Ate unplanned food
2. Made unplanned food in oil
3. Ate the whole bowl of unplanned food
Positives:
1. Did not add butter to unplanned food
2. Quit after that bowl
3. Got right back on track
What I learned:
1. I can get right back on track without the world falling apart
2. Eating that food only gave me pleasure at that moment - cravings are still there!
3. Popcorn is good with no butter

I know this is quite common because in the book I am reading, The Beck diet solution, the first stage is how to say NO to unplanned foods. I can not wait to learn this skill.

Live healthy at thinchic.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment